- Study Abroad
- Blackfriars Oxford, England
- El Salvador
- Fanjeaux, France
- Florence, Italy
- Ghana, Africa
- Guatemala – International Service
- Limerick, Ireland
- London, England
- Milan, Italy
- Paris, France
- Poitiers, France
- Port-au-Prince Haiti – International Service
- Rome, Italy
- Salamanca, Spain
- Salzburg, Austria
- Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Strasbourg, France
- South Africa - International Service
- Important Dates
- Important Links
- Insurance & Financial Aid
- Suggested Courses
IES: Study Abroad in Milan, Italy
Next Offered: TBA
Once a capital of the Roman Empire, Milan today is the commercial and financial capital of contemporary Italy. In the Piazza Duomo—the heart of Milan—the architecture of the past centuries blends with the neon lights of a modern lifestyle. It was in Milan that Leonardo da Vinci painted The Last Supper, Verdi and Puccini composed music that is still heard at La Scala, and Manzoni wrote I Promessi Sposi. See Details on the IES web page.
- Intermediate and advanced Italian programs for students at all proficiency levels, with additional University courses for advanced students at the Instituto Universitario di Lingue Moderne and the Universitá Cattolica del Sacro Cuore.
- Courses in a wide range of subjects, including history, literature, music, art history, cinema, political science and design. These courses are taught in Italian.
- Opportunities to enroll in music courses at the Scuola Musicale G. Marziali, the Conservatorio G. Verdiand the Civica Scuola di Musica.
- Advanced Italian students may have the opportunity to enroll at several universities in Milan, with the recommendation of the Italian advisor.
- Fashion students only – Istituto di Moda Burgo
A variety of internship opportunities for academic credit are available. In the past, internships have included assignments in offices of major fashion designers, a photographic studio, beverage companies, newspapers and business consulting firms. Internships cannot be guaranteed.
Currently enrolled students may not opt for the satisfactory/unsatisfactory option for any courses. Transcript issued by IES.
Application packet consisting of application and official transcript.
For more information, please contact Sue Ponremy, director international studies, at email@example.com or call (708) 524-6965
- Program fee: TBA
(Includes tuition, room, group excursions, international health insurance, DU administration and student fees)
- $150 Refundable security deposit.
- $120 cell phone.
- Personal expenses run approximately $2,900 per semester.
- Meals average $3,100 per semester.
- Books $400
- Airfare $1200-$1400 (estimated)
- Vacation travel and housing additional
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- State and federal aid is applicable.
- Students: By studying abroad, you may have additional options for funding assistance.
Please see a Dominican University Financial Aid Officer after acceptance.
- 3.0 DU GPA.
- Completion of intermediate level Italian
- or -
Completion of one year of advanced university-level Italian.
- Sophomore/junior/senior standing.
- Students must attend at least one information session.
- Fashion students only: Completion of Italian 102 or equivalent; junior/senior standing.
Field trips in the past have included trips to Mantova, the Palladian villas in Vicenza, the Riviera and the Alpine village of Bormio near the Swiss border.
Housing arrangements in Milan provide students with a unique opportunity to experience the Italian lifestyle, Students are housed in apartments leased by Italian roommates, many of whom are enrolled in universities in Milan.
Students are responsible for flight arrangements.