Career Development can assist Dominican students with any aspect of your employment search. Meet with a career advisor to create a resume, prepare for an interview and develop a comprehensive job search strategy.
You can download the following Career Resources her or pick up a copy in Career Development.
- 4 Year Plan – an overview of how to get involved with Career Development starting with your freshman year
- Resume Guide – tips on formatting, layouts and the basics of writing a resume
- Job Search Guide – provides information about the resources available to you and the steps involved with implementing a successful job search
- Interview Guide – learn how to prepare for an interview, practice sample questions and information on behavioral interviewing
- Careers in K-12 Education - information for certified teachers and employment in education
- CD2GO - request a career planning workshop customized to your student group
- Job Choices Magazine -- Provided by the National Association of Colleges and Employers
The following websites provide additional information about employment opportunities.
- ISCPA – the Illinois Small College Placement Association is where Dominican posts all of our job and internship opportunities
- NPO.net - a listing of employment opportunities with Chicagland non-profit organizations
- CareerShift – searchable database of organizations by industry and location
- USAJOBS - listing of all federal employment opportunities
- Universe.jobs - an interactive, community-driven network of job related sites
- LinkedIn.com/studentjobs - access to entry-level employment opportunities posted by Linked In employers