Partners in Sustainability
Departmental Green Initiatives
- Go Green, Print Lean: The printers on campus now use a log-in system so users can select which documents they need to print. In addition, the printers also print double sided.
- The Physical Plant uses recycled content in building materials whenever possible.
- The Library recycles books and donates them to Better World Books.
- Information Technology recycles all computers, printers, cartridges and equipment.
- Filtered tap water coolers were installed in offices on campus to eliminate the need for bottled water coolers.
- Chartwells dining service has several sustainability initiatives including offering reusable to-go containers, initiating "Tray-less Tuesdays," purchasing local food, using cage free eggs, and only using fair trade certified coffee. For more information, visit the Chartwell’s sustainability website.
- The Stepan bookstore, run by Follett, recycles textbooks and offers students the option of renting textbooks or buying used books. The store also offers environmentally friendly products and clothing that is made under fair labor guidelines. For more information, visit the Follett sustainability website.
- Eurest, the maintenance provider, uses green cleaning supplies.
- Jones Lang LaSalle completed a survey and data collection on Dominican's energy and sustainability services.